Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, divided use
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped, divided use
1 medium jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped (optional)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup assorted vegetables (like sliced mushrooms, spinach, or marinated cactus)
1 (14-oz.) package firm tofu, crumbled
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. chili powder (or chipotle seasoning, habañero seasoning, or cumin)
4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warm
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
Fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish; optional)
4 lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
1. Combine yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine tomato, ¼ onion, jalapeño (if desired), and remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add remaining ¾ onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until translucent.
5. Add vegetables; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp.
6. Add tofu, garlic, and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tofu is lightly browned and vegetables are tender-crisp.
7. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice; reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.
8. Top tortillas evenly with lettuce and tofu mixture.
9. Drizzle with yogurt sauce; garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedge. Serve with tomato salsa.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
Body Beast Portions (per serving)
No soy for you, Body Beaster! If you like the dish, remove the tofu and add in cooked chicken. It will, however, change the nutritional data.