BBQ Tri-Tip Steak
Total Time: 4 hrs.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 50 min.
Yield: 7 servings, 3 oz. each
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
3-4 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp. all-fruit plum jam (or your favorite jam)
½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil
½ cup water
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1-2 medium serrano chiles, cut in half, seeds removed, chopped
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1¾ lb. raw tri-tip roast
1. Place ginger, garlic, jam, soy sauce, oil, and water in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
2. Add onions and chiles; pulse until blended. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
3. Place tri-tip in glass dish; top with marinade. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
4. Preheat grill on high.
5. Place tri-tip on grill; brown for 5 minutes on each side.
6. Reduce heat to medium; cook slowly, basting with marinade every 5 to 10 minutes. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Test for temperature with a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the tri-tip reaching 125° F. for rare and 140° F. for medium.
7. Remove from grill; cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes. Slice thinly across grain.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
Body Beast Portions (per serving)