Total Time: 46 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 36 min.
Yield: 12 servings
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 lb. dry lentils, sorted, rinsed
6 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Heat oil in large, saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions, garlic, and carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onions are soft.
3. Add lentils and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, at a gentle boil for 30 minutes, or until lentils are soft. (Add additional warm water if soup becomes too thick.)
4. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
7. Top with cheese if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
Body Beast Portions (per serving)