Turkey with Wild Rice
Total Time: 1 hour 5 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 45 min.
Preparation Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 3 servings, 1 cup each
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup dry wild rice
½ cup dry long-grain brown rice
3 cups sliced mushrooms (like button, crimini, or portobello)
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
6 oz. cooked turkey breast, cut into 1-inch strips (or chicken tenders)
½ cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
Cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, wild rice, and brown rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
3. Add mushrooms, soy sauce, and pepper (if desired); cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to release liquid.
4. Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and gently boil for 40 minutes.
5. Add broccoli and turkey, stir; gently boil for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Add cayenne if desired.
7. Portion into 3 serving bowls; garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
Body Beast Portions (per serving)