Baked Cauliflower Latkes
This healthy latke recipe will help you cut back on the calories.
Total Time:40 min.
Prep Time:10 min.
Yield: 16 servings, 1 latke each
• 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided use
• 2 cups hot water
• 1½ lb. medium cauliflower, cut into florets, hard stem discarded
• 2 large eggs
• ½ cup medium onion, finely chopped
• 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
• ½ tsp. sea salt
• ¼ tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil; brush foil with 1 Tbsp. oil. Set aside.
3. Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. Place cauliflower in a steamer basket in saucepan; steam for 4 to 7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain well. Dry with a paper towel.
5. Place cauliflower in a large bowl; mash with a fork.
6. Add eggs, onion, flour, salt, and garlic powder; mix well.
7. Using ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop mixture into patties and place on prepared baking sheet. 8. Brush the tops evenly with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; bake for 10 minutes. Flip latkes and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crisp.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portion Equivalents:
Body Beast Portion Equivalents: