These tangy, spicy chicken tenders dipped in creamy blue cheese sauce are delicious enough to make you forget they’re only 158 calories per serving.
Total Time: 50 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 4 servings
4 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce (like Frank’s®), divided use
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
1 lb. raw chicken tenders
¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
4 medium celery stalks, cut into sticks
1. Combine 1 Tbsp. hot sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne in a small bowl; mix well.
2. Add chicken; toss to coat. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375° F.
4. Place chicken in a baking dish. Discard any remaining marinade. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
5. Combine yogurt and cheese in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
6. Combine chicken and remaining 3 Tbsp. hot sauce in a large bowl; toss gently to blend.
7. Serve chicken with dip and celery.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 74 mg
Sodium: 666 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 26 g
Body Beast Portions
*Note on equivalents: Per serving, the amount of yogurt and cheese found in this recipe is not enough to count toward a day’s red or blue allowance. As such, these ingredients (and calories) have been calculated into the tsp. equivalent.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.