Watch Autumn Calabrese make her cashew and oat hotcakes recipe from the 21 Day Fix EXTREME meal plan. This recipe is a simple and tasty way to get protein into your breakfast. Mix in berries to your liking and you have one heck of a meal.
Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 7 servings, 2 hotcakes each
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup raw cashews
1 dash Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1⅓ cups distilled water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1¾ cup mixed berries
1. Place oats, cashews, and salt in food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely ground.
2. Add egg, oil, water, and extract; pulse until well blended. Batter will be thick, but if it is as thick as paste add 2 to 3 additional Tbsp. of water.
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Spoon about ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
5. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve pancakes topped evenly with berries.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 27 mg
Sodium: 55 mg
Carbohydrate: 22 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 6 g
½ Grain Carb
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.