The CORE DE FORCE meal prep follows the program’s Eating Plan and makes planning — and eating! — healthy meals straightforward and delicious, so you can begin to see results faster. Don’t have CORE DE FORCE? Get it here!
When you’re trying to get in knock-out shape, you need to fuel those hard-hitting workouts with the right foods in the proper portions. But figuring out what to eat to get killer results shouldn’t have to be a battle. This meal prep plan removes the guesswork, keeps you satisfied, and your goals on track.
If you haven’t already, use the simple calculation on page 1 of the CORE DE FORCE Eating Plan to figure out your Calorie Target and the corresponding Food Plan that is right for you. This meal prep menu follows Plan C, the 1,800–2,100 calorie level. If you are eating at a different calorie level, you can adjust this meal plan or try one of the following:
- Meal Preps for 1,200–1,500 calories
- Meal Preps for 1,500–1,700 calories
- Meal Preps for 2,100–2,300 calories
How Much Can You Eat During CORE DE FORCE?
The answer is: A lot! We’ve created this menu to give you three square meals and two satisfying snacks each day. This CORE DE FORCE meal plan for the 1,800–2,100 calorie level contains the recommended servings for week one and week four of your fitness program (we’ll get to weeks two and three in a moment). The nutrition plan uses color-coded portion-control containers to measure out the amounts of foods you’ll eat each day so you’ll get the right combination of macronutrients and won’t ever have to count calories. Green is veggies, purple is fruits, red is protein, yellow is carbs, blue is healthy fats, and orange is for seeds and dressings. Each day you get:
- 5 green containers
- 3 purple containers
- 5 red containers
- 4 yellow containers
- 1 blue container
- 1 orange container
- 5 teaspoons
Each week, as your workouts become more intense, you’ll increase your calories a little bit to keep your metabolism burning fat. In the second and third week of CORE DE FORCE you’ll add more containers to get the extra nutrition you’ll need to support your workouts. During week two, add an extra serving of fruit each day (equivalent to one purple container). In week three, continue to eat the additional fruit, and add one more serving of healthy fats (equivalent to one blue container) each day. Then, in week four, you’ll return to the container amounts from the first week to finish strong and get amazing results. We’ve made suggestions in the menu below for how you can add those extra containers to this meal plan to use it during the second and third weeks of your CORE DE FORCE fitness program.
This light and healthy meal prep menu is pescatarian, meaning it’s mostly vegetarian with a daily serving of salmon or tuna. Both fish are loaded with good-for-you omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, this pescatarian meal prep can be budget friendly, if you buy frozen salmon, frozen blueberries, and shop in the bulk bins for the nuts, seeds, and oats. You’ll also be left with bread and tortillas that you can use in future weeks (freeze the extras in tightly sealed bags). So, take the comprehensive grocery list below to the store, and then get busy in the kitchen on meal prep day with our step-by-step guide!
This meal plan includes a daily, protein-rich Shakeology snack. Don’t have Shakeology yet? Get all of the delicious Shakeology flavors here.
This Week’s CORE DE FORCE Meal Prep Menu:
Breakfast (M/W/F): Egg and Veggie Breakfast Tacos
Breakfast (T/Th): Overnight Oatmeal with Blueberries
Shakeology Snack (M/T/W/Th/F): Banana Nut Shakeology Smoothie
PM Snack (M/T/W/Th/F): Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Veggies
Lunch (M/W/F): Tuna Avocado Salad with Mixed Greens and an Apple
Lunch (T/Th): Tempeh Chili with Avocado
Dinner (M/W/F): Buddha Bowl with Lemon Peanut Butter Dressing
Dinner (T/Th): Salmon with Butternut Squash and Green Beans
MEAL PREP BREAKFASTS
M/W/F: Egg and Veggie Breakfast Tacos
(2 eggs, 2 corn tortillas, ¼ cup mushrooms, ¼ cup onion, ½ cup spinach, 1 tsp. olive oil = 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, ½ tsp.)
T/Th: Overnight Oatmeal with Blueberries
(½ cup dry old-fashioned oats, 1 cup kefir (or plain 2% yogurt), 4 tsp. chia seeds, 1 cup blueberries = 1 purple, 1 red, 2 yellows, 1 orange)
MEAL PREP SNACKS
DAILY SHAKEOLOGY SNACK: Banana Nut Shakeology Smoothie
One scoop or packet of Shakeology with 1 large banana, 1 tsp. peanut butter, ½ tsp. cinnamon, water, ice = 2 purples, 1 red, 1 tsp.
DAILY AFTERNOON SNACK: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and Veggies
½ cup homemade roasted red pepper hummus (recipe on p. 43 of the CORE DE FORCE Eating Plan; see step six below) served with 1 cup carrot sticks, celery sticks, and sliced red peppers = 1 green, 1 yellow, 2½ tsp.
During CORE DE FORCE week two add an extra snack of 1 cup grapes. In week three, continue eating the grapes and add 12 raw almonds.
MEAL PREP LUNCHES
M/W/F: Tuna Avocado Salad with Mixed Greens and an Apple
(4 oz. canned light tuna in water, 1 cup mixed greens, ¼ avocado, ¼ lemon juiced, 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds, 1 slice whole grain bread, 1 apple = 1 green, 1 purple, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, ½ orange)
T/Th: Tempeh Chili
(4 oz. tempeh, ½ cup canned kidney beans, 1 cup canned tomatoes, 1 cup water, ½ cup onion, ½ cup bell peppers, 1 Tbsp. chili powder, ½ tsp. cumin, ¼ avocado, ½ tsp. olive oil = 1 red, 1 yellow, 2 greens, 1 blue, ½ tsp.)
MEAL PREP DINNERS
M/W/F: Buddha Bowl with Lemon Peanut Butter Dressing
(2 veggie burger patties, ½ cup broccoli, ½ cup butternut squash, ½ cup mushrooms, ½ cup onions, ½ cup canned chickpeas, 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds, ½ tsp. peanut butter, ¼ lemon juiced = 2 greens, 2 reds, 1 yellow, ½ orange, 1 tsp.)
T/Th: Salmon with Butternut Squash and Green Beans
(8 oz. salmon, 1 cup butternut squash, and 1 cup green beans roasted with 1 tsp. olive oil = 2 reds, 2 greens, 1 tsp.)
Here are the meals you’ll eat on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Here are the meals you’ll eat Tuesday and Thursday.
Follow this step-by-step guide to assemble your CORE DE FORCE meal prep:
- Begin by roasting vegetables. Preheat oven to 425°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Peel the butternut squash, cut it in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds; chop into 1-inch pieces. Next, chop the about 1¼ container of mushrooms (if needed), 2 onions, and 1 head of broccoli into 1-inch pieces. Last, rinse the green beans and trim the ends. Arrange the butternut squash pieces on one of the baking sheets and drizzle with 1½ tsp. olive oil. Spread the remaining veggies on the other baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Place both baking sheets in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the mixed veggies are lightly caramelized and tender-crisp. Remove the mixed veggies from the oven and set aside to cool. Stir the butternut squash and return it to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until the pieces are golden brown, then set aside to cool.
- While the veggies are roasting, prep the Tempeh Chili. Chop 1 cup onion and 1 cup green bell pepper. Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add veggies to the pan and cook until onion is translucent and peppers are soft, about 5 minutes. Crumble 8 oz. tempeh into the veggie mixture. Open, drain, and rinse kidney beans. Add 1 cup kidney beans, 2 cups chopped tomatoes, 2 cups water, 2 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin, and salt to tempeh mixture. Cook for an additional 25–30 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened. Set aside to cool and then portion into 2 storage containers. Add ¼ avocado just before serving.
- When the veggies have finished roasting, reduce the oven temperature to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Arrange two 8 oz. salmon fillets on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper, if desired, and place in the oven. Cook for 18–20 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Set aside to cool. When cool, divide the salmon, green beans, and 2 cups of butternut squash between two large food storage containers. Note: Frozen salmon fillets can be substituted for fresh; allow frozen fillets to thaw before baking.
- Now prepare the Egg and Veggie Breakfast Tacos. Chop ¾ cup mushrooms and ¾ cup onions. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add 1½ tsp. olive oil and veggies. When onion is translucent and mushrooms have softened (about 5 minutes), add 1½ cup spinach and cook just until spinach has wilted (about 2 minutes). Divide veggies into three storage containers and set aside to cool. Return skillet to stove, reducing temperature to medium-low. In a large bowl, crack 6 eggs; season with salt and pepper, if desired, and whisk. Pour eggs into skillet and cook, stirring constantly until eggs are cooked through. Allow to cool, then divide among the same three containers. When ready to eat, gently heat the scrambled eggs and veggies, and serve with two corn tortillas.
- Next, prep the Buddha Bowls. Prepare 6 veggie burger patties according to package instructions. Divide the remaining roasted broccoli, mushrooms, and onions among three large storage containers. Add ½ cup roasted butternut squash and 2 veggie burger patties to each container. Open, drain, and rinse 1 can of chickpeas; add ½ cup beans to each container. Make the lemon and peanut butter dressing by mixing the juice of one lemon with 1½ tsp. peanut butter; whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over each bowl and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds on top.
- Now, make the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Open a can of chickpeas and drain the liquid into a bowl to reserve. Place the chickpeas and half of the reserved liquid in a blender or food processor. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic, ¼ cup lemon juice, ¼ cup tahini, ¼ cup roasted red bell peppers, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and ½ tsp. salt; cover and blend until smooth. Divide hummus between five storage containers. Slice celery and red bell pepper into sticks; add baby carrots. Divide veggies evenly among containers. Note: veggie sticks can either be stored in the containers with the hummus or in separate bags.
- Next, make the Overnight Oatmeal with Blueberries. Rinse 2 cups blueberries and pour into a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup oats, 2 cups kefir (or yogurt), and 8 tsp. chia seeds and mix until all ingredients are wet. Divide mixture between two jars or storage containers.
- Prep the Tuna Avocado Salad ingredients by pre-portioning an unopened packet or pull-tab can of tuna, 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds, 1 cup mixed greens, and a wedge of lemon into three food containers. Place 3 slices of whole grain bread into three plastic bags and add one to each container. Cut an avocado into quarters, leaving the skin attached; squeeze lemon juice over the exposed avocado quarters. Add ¼ avocado to each container. Mix the tuna salad just before consumption in order to keep the tuna and avocado fresh. When ready to eat, discard the avocado skin and mash the fruit with 4 oz. tuna with and the juice from ¼ lemon; season with salt and pepper, if desired. To serve, top a slice of bread with lettuce, tuna salad, and pumpkin seeds. Serve with a washed apple.
- If desired, prep the Banana Nut Shake by pre-portioning 1 tsp. peanut butter and 1 large banana into five containers. Make a smoothie each morning by blending the peanut butter and banana with 1 cup water, 1 scoop or packet of Shakeology, ½ tsp. cinnamon, and ice.
2 cups blueberries
5 large bananas
3 medium apples
5 cups grapes (CORE DE FORCE weeks 2 and 3 only)
3 cups mixed greens
1½ cups spinach
1 head of broccoli (or 1½ cups broccoli florets)
2¼ cups sliced mushrooms (or two 8 oz. containers whole mushrooms)
2 cups green beans
2 cups baby carrots
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 bunch celery (or 2 stalks)
4 medium onions
1 large butternut squash (3½ cups chopped)
16 oz. kefir (or 2% plain yogurt)
8 oz. tempeh
6 veggie burger patties
3 (4 oz.) packets tuna (or pull-tab cans packed in water)
2 (8 oz.) filets salmon
5 scoops or packets Shakeology
Dry and Canned Goods
6 corn tortillas
3 slices whole grain bread
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (16 oz.) can diced tomatoes
2 (16 oz.) cans chickpeas
1 (16 oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers
3 oz. almonds (about ¾ cup) (CORE DE FORCE week 3 only)
6 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
8 tsp. chia seeds
extra virgin olive oil