These dark chocolate flourless brownie muffins are delicious and surprisingly healthy.
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 cupcake each
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
3 large eggs
½ cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
5. Top each muffin with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 47 mg
Sodium: 179 mg
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 12 g
Protein: 4 g
1 Single Serving Snack
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.