This lentil salad is a winner in so many ways. It takes a little bit of effort to chop all of those fresh veggies and herbs, but once you’re done, you’ve got enough food for a week’s worth of meals. Eat it in winter, spring, summer, or fall. It’s a good vegetarian source of protein and fiber and has only 221 calories per serving.
Total Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 6 servings, about 1½ cups each
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
½ tsp. dried thyme (or 1½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme)
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
3 cups cooked lentils
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
3 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
¾ medium red onion, finely chopped
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. Combine lemon juice, oil, and thyme in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
3. Combine lentils, cheese, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and mint in a large bowl; mix well.
4. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 to 12 hours.
5. You can eat it after an hour, but the next day is the best!
Tip: Learn how to cook lentils here.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 213 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 12 g
½ Carb Legume
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.