These succulent skewers are flavored with apple, balsamic vinegar, and plum preserves.
Total Time: 27 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
Yield: 2 servings, 2 skewers each
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. all-natural tomato paste
2 Tbsp. all-fruit plum preserves
1 Tbsp. water
10 oz. raw pork loin, cut into 12 cubes
1 medium apple (like Braeburn), peeled, cut into 8 wedges
1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 tsp. olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1. Preheat grill or broiler to medium-high.
2. Combine vinegar, tomato paste, preserves, and water in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Place a piece of pork, a wedge of apple, and a wedge of onion onto a skewer. Repeat, and add an additional piece of pork. Each skewer will have three pieces of pork, two pieces of apple, and two pieces of onion. Repeat with three remaining skewers.
4. Brush skewers with oil; season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Grill or broil skewers for 6 to 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
6. Brush with vinegar mixture; cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, and brushing occasionally with vinegar mixture, until pork is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.