Pumpkin is the star of this belly-warming vegetarian chili that has only 96 calories per serving!
Total Time: 55 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1½ cups each
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium carrot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 Tbsp. chili powder
½ tsp. ground cumin
2 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
½ cup pure pumpkin puree
4 cups cubed raw pumpkin (½-inch cubes)
8 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt (optional)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, bell pepper, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
5. Add chili powder, cumin, broth, tomatoes, beans, and pumpkin; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Add pumpkin; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
7. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. yogurt and a sprinkle of parsley if desired.
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.