One of our Social Media Strategists, Amanda Meixner, came up with this delicious, high-protein recipe for healthy pumpkin protein muffins that are just perfect for fall. Let us know what you think!
Total Time: 28 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 muffin each
1 large egg
1 large egg white
¼ cup pure pumpkin puree
1 large banana, cut into chunks
½ cup all-natural almond butter
¼ cup pure maple syrup
2 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla flavor, or equivalent)
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 dash ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare twelve muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with spray.
3. Place egg, egg white, pumpkin, banana, almond butter, and maple syrup in blender; cover. Blend for 30 seconds.
4. Add protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; cover. Blend until smooth.
5. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 21 mg
Sodium: 103 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 7 g
Protein: 6 g
1 Single Serving Snack
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe you’re asking about.