Love sweet potato fries? Here’s a healthier way to enjoy them.
Total Time: 45 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 40 min.
Yield: 3 servings
2 large yams, peeled, cut into ½-inch thick lengthwise batons
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. chili powder
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss gently to coat.
3. Season with chili powder and salt; toss gently to coat.
4. Spread potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until brown and tender.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 184 mg
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 2 g
½ Legume/Tuber Carb
Body Beast Portions
If you have questions about the portions, please click here to post a nutrition question in our forums so our experts can help. Please include a link to the recipe.